2011-04-01

(EN) Printing a gearless follow focus



The prototype of my shoulder rig worked fine so far.
Improvements to the T-connectors are possible but it works.

Now, inspired by this DIY Gearless Follow Focus on DVXUsers, I'm printing my own improvised follow focus for this rig.

update:
The follow focus works but the skateboard-wheel I tried first has little grip.
So I replaced it with a larger inline-skate wheel. That works much better.
+ softer wheel has better grip
- larger wheel means gear-ratio of about 1:1 instead if 3:1
- heavier wheel means printing the follow-focus again with 60% instead of 20% infill for added mechanical strength

I've posted the design on thingiverse for others to print and improve.
You can see all photos in my picasa album.

Update 2:
I also added a
* counter weight this same weekend

Update 3: The printed parts are also available on shapeways. (If you can't get access to a 3d printer yourself)

Update 4:

UPDATE: geared follow focus





















Update: The printed parts are also available on shapeways. (If you can't get access to a 3d printer yourself)

Keine Kommentare: